SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Those that follow my posts will know I'm a Brit by birth. Regard...

1. 3,147 Posts.
    Those that follow my posts will know I'm a Brit by birth. Regard myself as a true blue Aussie now though being here 20 years and a citizen. All my family and a large network of friends and business contacts are spread throughout Great Britain, and Ireland for that matter.

A line from the Italian Job comes to mind. The mafia are about to kill Brits coming to raid bullion from under their noses. On the mountainside Michael Caine says 'you hurt us and every Italian restaurant, cafe, eatery and small business in every city and every town in Britain will be pushed into the north sea'. or words to that effect.

So shorters, 'ave it'. My email and phone will be red hot this weekend. I think we may well have 100,000 by end of next week.

And on a serious note. It is not so much because of damaging our company (obviously is a factor) but it is more to do with the government again not thinking things through adequately and causing mayhem. The people will get around these proposals if they are enacted creating even more costs. I can speak from years of experience working in the motor insurance industry and the passing of cost savings will soon be watered down by other margin creating needs within insurance. It will be impossible to detect a true benefit to the motorist but watch closely in future years the insurers combined operating ratios improve! That will indicate where the benefit is realised.

I believe the objective will be achieved and that objective is to weed out fraudulent claims. Who better to weed them out than a rock solid selection criteria and eye for the suspicious conducted by a law firm working in unison with insurers and regulators. Folks, I think there is enough hints out here in the public to conclude Slater are on that conciliatory path.

Sign the petition for the sake of the common man.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.