GCN 0.00% 0.7¢ goconnect limited

signed deal - china music, page-55

1. 5,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi cowboycgt,

"The relevence of a short film in L A by Mr ellis
    Has what exactly to do with GCN?

The relevence of Sogua's Mr Ellis's "premium recording artist", Ayi Jihu !
    Has what exactly to do with Sogua?

If you think it's off topic you should talk to the company. They're the one's telling the story.

Sogua's "premium recording artist, Ayi Jihu - a.k.a “the Chinese Madonna” or shlepp-entertainments aka Mr Ellis's "premium recording artist, Ayi Jihu - a.k.a “the Chinese Madonna” - who as claimed in earlier "cut and paste" articles, is just a "MASSIVE PR HOAX"

All News Is Good News For Ayi Jihu

A cynical attempt by a PR company and record executives to try and fool the Western market? So what's new?

"China Music Radar (CMR) recently uncovered a "massive PR hoax" that fooled venerable UK brands such as the BBC, Sky News, the Daily Mail and the Sun. The actual hoax revolved around a press release that recounts how "Ayi Jihu has become one of China's biggest new stars, routinely topping lists of sexiest Chinese women and her music has become phenomenally popular in the lucrative mobile phone download market," citing her 100 millionth mobile music download. These assertions were gobbled and regurgitated, often verbatim, by the aforementioned press, along with splashy titles like Snoop Dogg Has Eastern Promise, or my favorite "Ayi Jihu: Dishy Diva Aka The Chinese Madonna Serves Up A Treat As Raunchy R&B Star In Native China".

Now you would think that grand statements of the sort would be fact-checked by an organization like The Sun... or at least the BBC. Even with budget cuts, they could take 5 seconds to check serach results on Baidu (China's Google) or her meagre views on Youku (China's YouTube). No, that job was left to the good people at CMR who uncloaked this dastardly deception. "Our conclusion: a cynical attempt by a PR company and record executives to try and fool the Western market into believing that this feel good story is actually a true one (and in the process make lots of money out of it). And why not? Major labels in the West have been practicing that same art for years.

The problem is that unveiling the deception may have been exactly what the hoaxsters were hoping for. CMR's story proceeded to get tweeted and retweeted (including by yourself truly), posted on Linkedin and so on..., giving Ayi Jihu far more exposure than she could have hoped for. Wouldn't the negative coverage dissuade the hoaxsters though? Hell no, quite to the contrary! Two days after the CMR story was published, we received Ayi Jihu's track 'Belly Dancer' in our dropbox. And so here I am giving even more ink to the dubbed "Chinese Madonna." I guess Split Works' Claire O'Shannessy is right" "People love a good PR Hoax!"

My conclusion: In the digital world, the old adage holds ever true: All news is good news. And who knows... maybe if enough people say it, it'll come true."

All News Is Good News For Ayi Jihu"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.