AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

significant resources growth at antas north..., page-20

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Yes, an excellent result. Notionally one might have expected a 20-30% increase on a bit of extra drilling at AN and that would have earned a Well Done. But 48%! Very nice indeed.

Antas North is still "very prospective for further resource growth" so still more to come.

Pedra Branca should be VERY interesting now. Drilling has been going on there since the 6th April. It is now two months later. (Also more rigs working it).

Good to see that real mining (and consequent re-rate) is still to the fore, and that as a result of this latest upgrade it is economic at least.

My suspicion is that real mining is essentially stalled until Vale cash comes through. Conservatism. Will Vale pay $1m in 2 - 3 months or will they bite the bullet?

Where AVB goes will largely be determined by that cash receipt, which in these times is fair enough.

The reference again to the HGZ DSO as a source of cash to accelerate ANorth in the very short term makes me wonder if the indication from Vale is that they will drag it out... to the annoyance of AVB management??

On the 7th Feb the SP was 9.7c Since that date the JORC has increased by more than 6 times, plus the Xstrata engagement was announcend and exploration acreage went way up. Now the SP is 6.7c.

A cynic might be forgiven for saying "no more good news please"!!

Anyway a similar 48% increase at Pedra Branca would increase copper by 92,000t to 550,000t which is close to the 600,000t end-2012 target. Cross fingers.

Remembering placement at 10c, director buying, and broker reports suggesting 17c SP.

So where the SP will go is anyone's guess. But the Company goes from strength to strength regardless. That means a de-risking and potential for a very major SP review when the world spotlight returns to who owns copper. The answer is... We Do!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.