LEG 0.00% 1.2¢ legend mining limited

re: media coverage... newswire - Phil McKrakin - AFR...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    re: media coverage... newswire - Phil McKrakin - AFR (23.05.2005)

Equity markets all over the world, will long talk about Wednesday 23 March, 2005...

The day when almost the entire register of a small Aussie gold hopeful became instant millionaires.

It was also the day a world record drilling result was set for the highest ever grade over the widest ever reported intersection, of near solid gold....148.6m @ .98t/t of gold...(true width)

"It was the most spectacular thing I have even seen" said one shareholder, who only gave his name as trade4profit.

"We couldn't sell our shares any cheaper if we wanted to" he explained. "Right from the moment the announcment was made, the bids just kept rushing in, from left, right and centre, they were coming from everywhere...by the time the shares had started trading, the opening price had already reached $178 per share"

He went on to say..."I decided to sell 84 shares to cover my initial investment, but then just sat and watched in amazement as the things kept rising".

Even those shareholders who bought in that morning at the newly inflated prices were in profit by the end of the day...and as we now know, were equally impressed to see the shares eventually top out at $542 per share two weeks later.

In other news, the company is reported to be making a counter bid for WMC next week.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $34.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $6.587K 596.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 881804 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.