CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

Hey Imspartacus,I note there was a second part of that article...

1. 262 Posts.
    Hey Imspartacus,

I note there was a second part of that article on WSJ as below confirming TS's marketing of the Marampa IPO in London last week. Suggests to me that this substantial share transaction, his visit to the UK and the IPO are all heavily interlinked.... Here's hoping for a heavy month of positive newsflow :)

http://blogs.wsj.com/dealjournalaustralia/2012/01/30/uk-funds-set-to-buy-nearly-10-of-cape-lambert/

Kasper

"Interest in African iron ore deposits that can be developed for export is rising as investors seek greater exposure to a boom in demand for steelmaking materials in Asia, especially China and India. Global steel production is forecast to rise 6.7% to 1.67 billion tons this year despite downbeat global economic growth prospects, U.K.-based steel consultancy MEPS International says.

Earlier this month, Exxaro Resources offered up to 338 million Australian dollars (US$413 million) for African Iron, which owns the Mayoko iron ore deposit in the Republic of Congo. Cape Lambert, the biggest shareholder of African Iron with a 25.25% stake, has swung behind Exxaro’s offer and is set to bank A$72.2 million if it succeeds.

Intensifying deal flow in African iron ore, plus the stronger presence of UK funds on the Cape Lambert share register, is giving Mr. Sage’s plans for an initial public offering of the Marampa asset in London fresh momentum.

Cape Lambert, valued at A$389 million when trading in its shares were halted Monday, had hoped to issue a prospectus in September last year, but put the plan on ice due to the uncertainty gripping global equity markets. The company was expected to retain a 25% stake in Marampa, which would produce an initial 5 million tons of iron ore annually, after the IPO.

However, Mr. Sage’s visit to London included pre-marketing of Marampa with a view to progressing an IPO over the coming weeks."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.