LNU 0.00% 0.2¢ linius technologies limited

Hi Uni,I don't agree with your sweeping statementLinius allows...

1. 145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86

Hi Uni,

I don't agree with your sweeping statement
    Linius allows you to assemble a single video stream from multiple disparate files that are located anywhere on the web almost instantly without the need for transcoding or data replication

My statement is absolutely correct; that's the core of what Linius does, and everything else builds on top of that. The reason I referred to you is that you often think that Linius does a whole bunch of other stuff themselves, when in fact what they do is leverage other technologies. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is misleading for you to suggest it's Linius proprietary tech.

In the latest webinar JB said that only half the sports have been meta tagged because they have to learn about the other sports.You appear to be using manual processing that Whizzard has replaced.Whizzard uses AI and ML, on meta tagged files from licensed files ,the meta tagging can be done at time of recording.Your not keeping up with the new Whizzard 2 capabilities

Linius uses meta tagging from other companies -- StatsPerform, Genius, IMG etc -- and Whizzard/LVS enables that usage. There is some proprietary stuff around highlight creation -- which I know a great deal about, so please don't suggest that I am "not keeping up" - but it all stems from data that's gathered from elsewhere.

Again, I'll reiterate: there is nothing wrong with Linius leveraging other tech, and they should (it's not what their special sauce is). What is wrong is for you to imply (as you do consistently) that Linius does this work themselves. They don't.

I am trying to say this respectfully; I don't want to end up on your ignore list ;-) However, I feel it is my duty to the other people on this forum to make sure they don't assume Linius does things that they don't.

For the record, I do (and have always) think the Linius tech is great. They don't manufacture their own base metadata though -- they get it from elsewhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.