LNU 0.00% 0.2¢ linius technologies limited

Hi @disgruntledCCI would concur with what you're saying in terms...

1. 145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Hi @disgruntledCC

I would concur with what you're saying in terms of streaming, but they actually do have a patented tech that takes the disparate files and can actually render a single video file that adheres to the MPEG-4 standard. You can save this file to your computer and play it back in a video player, which is as far as I know a unique thing.

I believe their MPEG-DASH stuff may have some patents around it too, but I am not 100% certain on that. The HLS stuff is not subject to the patents, from what I understand.

I also do believe that the supporting technology they have developed is what puts them in a stronger position now than they've been hitherto. The underlying tech is one thing, the enablement of it is another.

I should make clear btw that just like you, I do not hold LNU shares, nor am I making any recommendation whatsoever on whether or not people should invest in them. I'm just interested in the tech (and this forum keeps dragging me back every time I get an email about an LNU announcement).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.