LNU 0.00% 0.2¢ linius technologies limited

Hi @MADXYou said:OK. I'm getting there, but am still unsure if...

1. 144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Hi @MADX

You said:

OK. I'm getting there, but am still unsure if Linius tech can scour for multiple video files,whether or not the files have metadata tags, assemble them into one file, then examine them and create pointers for searches, all done programmatically, That thinking , plus getting into the huge growth area of video, plus a patent, was got me to invest.

To elaborate, there's not really any 'scouring' for a start. You define what videos you want to virtualize. You do this by 'discovering' them through a Linius process that determines technical information about the file which is eventually combined into a single video.

Then once you have virtualized the videos, you 'assemble' them. That's the process of saying "Please combine these videos into one and play it back".

In terms of "searching the file and creating pointers", that's the bit Linius doesn't do. But, they leverage other companies (like AWS or Genius etc) to do that, and then you can store the metadata (aka 'pointers') alongside the various files in the Linius system -- this is a process referred to as 'enriching' -- and search against them (again, using the Linius system) to assemble something useful.

So the process is:

-- locate/define the videos you're interested in (e.g. IMG's whole archive)
    -- discover the files in the Linius system (so Linius understands their technical makeup)
    -- enrich the files with your chosen metadata (Linius has adapters to enable this)
    -- use the Linius search (against the enrichment data) to find the key moments in the video(s)
    -- assemble the relevant pieces of the videos into one file and play it back

IMO, it doesn't matter that Linius doesn't own the metadata process (that's really not their business and there's plenty of ways to get it from elsewhere) but it's important that people don't go around saying they do.

It's important to remember that not only does Linius provide a high-performing capability to play back multiple sections of videos as one stream -- without transcoding and extra storage -- but they have also developed a set of workflow and management tools to make this easy to do.

I believe that IMG will be really happy with what Linius has done for them (as is Racing.com and Cricket Australia, by all accounts). If I were a LNU holder, I'd be hopeful that the visibility of IMG will make other companies realize that what Linius does is actually very valuable to video.

Hope this helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $4.435K 2.956M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
60 115157234 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 17202443 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.