SIH 0.00% 0.3¢ sihayo gold limited

Gocu, I appreciate your comment, and in fact am surprised to...

1. 1,870 Posts.
    Gocu, I appreciate your comment, and in fact am surprised to hear that you were a teenager when you first bought into ORP as it was known then - that means you are still a chicken (in relative terms even though you may now be in your late 20's) but with a mature outlook.

What I appreciated most was the comment that you believe a debate of different views is healthy, and I have always believed that to prosper you need an open mind and it will encourage more benefits for all.

In fact I have followed SIH for a very long time too, and also got very disappointed when it didn't come up with the diamonds many years ago, and like RogueTrader I agree that its probably unlikely to happen. And also I recognise that RogueTrader has been quite emphatic about his dismay with the recent performance and lack of presentations by SIH to the market.

My view of why its current outlook is not good, is that once you look at the costs being incurred now with all the drilling, and other work re the feasibilty, and consider they will need to raise very large sums of money in the short term while the share price remains floundering, which means that substantial shares will have to be placed (representing considerable additional share dilution). This will finally result in minimal EPS on the expanded share capital base.

I have already worked out on a scenario assuming moderate increases in ounces found, plus costs to achieve that, with their base case on the INFERRED information provided, and the (future indicated) EPS will NOT SUPPORT the funding required in the short term. ie the project as they envisage will not give shareholders any benefits at all - that is why I say SIH, going down its current path IS NOT smart - its a fouled strategy for shareholder returns.

And it doesn't matter if they have wealthy backers or not, you must spend money to get the results, whether the money is available (as it appears to be through these Asian investors or not), and spending money costs more shares, simple as that, and while the share price is down the the more shares required for those future raisings.

In fact RogueTrader has also made the comment about Hutubargot Julu exploration as being an important consideration - any success there would do wonders for the share price. So I don't disagree with that entirely, BUT its a far riskier path to take, as the results to date have been highly patchy and you can't expect to get all drillholes having 100% success in an epithermal environment - look at the current drill results from Hutubargot Julu and they are exceptionally hit and miss, that is a demonstration of the likely variability they will get in that area with future drilling.

The western porphyries is entirely different, you get much more excitement in the market selling a story about potential for elephant sized projects. That is why I'm interested IF they pursue this track for exploration rather than the same-same boring 2 g/t Au project thats going to cost a hell of a lot to finalise and give marginal returns that are worthless on an EPS basis.

Thus my reasons for saying that SIH is fully priced (over-priced IMO) by going down the path they are!

I believe I have sound reasoning behind my posts. I believe objective debate is healthy, and does open up views for all readers benefits. And I can accept opposing ramping posts but surely that also means an opposing but logically developed post view is also beneficial and healthy.

(And I wonder if management of these companies read HC - if they do then they get the benefit of what others in the market think - and I'm sure that must be positive feedback other than just a floundering share price!).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $36.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 89991519 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 56788508 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SIH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.