UNV 0.00% 16.0¢ universal coal plc

FIRST PRODUCTION MILESTONE AT KANGALA COAL MINEUniversal Coal...

1. 798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    FIRST PRODUCTION MILESTONE AT KANGALA COAL MINE
    Universal Coal Plc (“Universal Coal”) (ASX:UNV) is pleased to announce that production has now
    commenced at its Kangala mine, located 65 km from Johannesburg, South Africa.
    First delivery of coal will commence during March 2014 in line with our first commercial production having
    commenced in February as per the 2Mtpa offtake agreement with South Africa’s leading power utility, ESKOM.
    Remaining production will target the lucrative export markets, via a 100 ktpa offtake agreement with leading
    South African coal producer Exxaro Resources.
    Kangala is the company’s first coal mine. The operation is now ramping up towards its nameplate capacity of
    2.4 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa), of which 2.1 Mtpa is saleable.
    Commenting on the occasion, Universal Coal’s CEO Tony Weber said, “This marks a significant milestone as
    we progress towards becoming a mid-tier coal producer.
    “Kangala will provide steady and strong cashflow for the decade to come, laying the foundation for further
    growth in helping to fund the progress of our pipeline of quality coal assets including our next operation,
    Roodekop/ New Clydesdale Colliery.”
    “We thank our dedicated management team, employees and contractors who have worked tirelessly to build
    this project into an operating mine on schedule and within budget, and so transition Universal Coal into a
    producer.”
    With regards to the NCC acquisition, Universal is in the process of finalizing the legal agreements and
    regulatory processes together with the seller, and will update the market regarding details in the near future
    For further information please contact:
    Institutions & Media
    Tony Weber
    Chief Executive Officer
    Universal Coal Plc
    +27 12 460 0805
    [email protected]
    Robert Williams
    FCR
    T: +

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.