VYS 6.32% 50.5¢ vysarn limited

I’ve been a reader of hotcopper posts for several years now, and...

1. 5 Posts.
    I’ve been a reader of hotcopper posts for several years now, and hold some shares in MHM. I am also a Tasmanian. Thus Premier GIDDINGS recent and continuing comments about a possible silica plant in Tasmania certainly got my attention. If I remember rightly, it was MHM’s initial involvement in possible high-purity silica mining for such a plant that really sent MHM’s shares sky-high some years ago.

I believe Papertigger is correct in what he says. Premier GIDDINGS also mentioned silica areas in the NW of Tasmania, and I believe these areas were also investigated by MHM. What Premier GIDDINGS has mentioned seems to have been based pretty closely on what I understood MHM was looking at, including her mention of the possible involvement of a German company for the smelting side of things.

Wasn’t MHM at one stage thinking of spinning off the silica investigation into a separate company, wholly owned by MHM? I thought it was, and thus I was a bit surprised last year to learn they had just closed down all silica involvement. Does anyone know why they did this?

I know there is a heck of a lot more involved in silicon manufacture than just digging up the silica and using a lot of energy to convert it to silicon metal, so I wonder how far along the track MHM really got before they gave up.

And could it be revived with such a promised financial incentive, - and the MHM share price along with it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VYS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.5¢
Change
0.030(6.32%)
Mkt cap ! $213.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 50.5¢ 43.5¢ $1.978M 4.140M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 56746 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 74328 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VYS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.