SYR 2.17% 23.5¢ syrah resources limited

Silicon vs graphite vs graphene; different use cases for energy storage

1. 761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    Hi All

Some useful reading guys when you google silicon, graphite and graphene.
    Have read interestinf articles from an australian company called 1414degrees, who will be doing an IPO on the asx at some point: where liwuid silicon needs to be at 1414 degrees and can hold tens times the energy as lithium batteries at a fracrion of cost as say the powerball2 batteries, partly due to how cheap silicon is.
    Also read there are similar large battery experiments being conducted usinf graphene as the battery store

I cant see if silicon has to be at 1414 degrees if this will become main stream of battery storage in cars... but i can see how on wind and solar farms this could become applicable. I now there has been down rampers on here who mentioned Elon musk was excited by the ides of silicon for batteries
    Even for a at home battery solution you could pump your home water system around the insulation of the silicon battery for hot water

On another note have read demand for elons model s and model 3 cars are plateuing in the us... but at the same time european countries are declarinf all EV vehicles between 2025 to 2040, the latest being the UK...
    So exciting space to be in, once we get to that point of an EV vehicle being able to travel 500km plus on a single charge look out, i think currently Tesla just got past the 300 mile mark for their model 3 and 280 mile for their model x

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $243.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 24.5¢ 23.5¢ $703.0K 2.946M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 211145 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 110000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.