AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

silly...or is it just me?, page-30

1. 19,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 271
    bilbar

I don't use leverage (just my preference). I strictly trade using available cash.

If I get a trade wrong I can easily hold as a longer play without impact to my day to day trading.

On the other side of the coin I play long on value plays or neglected stocks via SMSF.

I tend to trade the same stocks over and over (familiarity) until I can no longer pick the direction.

AGO has been good in that regard.

I only worry about managing losing positions, if I have gone in with an overweight trade (ie greater than $50k) or the overall market is topping out.

I have a list of stocks on a note pad where i note "my buy range", I also note price gaps and note recent lows (3 month low). Same note pad has "my sell range". Those stocks I get right in my buy range, I tend to hold to extract an exit as close as possible to my sell range.

The stocks on my list I know well, information such as current cash position and potential "news stories" that may be due in the coming weeks. I usually track those stocks looking for any up tick in volume (depending on macro market mood at the time)

I also scan the market that will seek out stocks against my preferred set of parameters.

I also use pivot points for day trading, usually find they are good for entry points.

Also I will trade momentum plays where the intraday action may be giving a turn signal. These plays I tend to go overweight. Also these plays I prefer not to hang around long time wise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.