SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

dub I was spruiking 10 years ago on this site about silver and...

1. 48,570 Posts.
    dub
    I was spruiking 10 years ago on this site about silver and gold. I was buying small bars Au and larger bars Ag. Like you I have never sold a single coin or ounce.

But over the past few years I've swung the other way and have been buying nothing but coins, for their silver content. Gone off gold completely.

My reasoning is, if/when the brown stuff hits the fan, it's going to be hard for me to buy a loaf of bread with 1 of my 400oz silver bars. Can't exactly saw a bit off.

As for the collectors sets, well I must admit I have a soft spot for anything the Perth and Royal mint issue with a military theme. I always subscribe to these and most sell out fairly quickly. But this is only a fraction of my collection, because their value lies in their appeal to me. If things got hairy out in the world then no-one would care if the coin is nice and depicts a Long Tan battle or anything, it would just be the metal content that would count.

Long ramble, but imo the best investment at the moment is still bags of 50c round coins. Small, easily divisible/tradeable, and not much of a premium over spot price.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.