SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

silver flash crash note to gensler and chilton

1. 2,063 Posts.
    Dear Mr Gensler,

I urge you to investigate the silver flash crash.
    Last Sunday week silver arguably the most important monetary metal crashed 30% in the space of days after being kicked off by $6 in the space of 12 minutes!!
    To have the market operator contribute to the waterfall decline and even encourage it with the sudden and unexpected announcement of multiple margin increases reflects an intent criminal in nature at worst and negligent at best.

As demonstrated by market data, I am aware over the last year you may have encouraged JP Morgan and HSBC in private to decrease their short positions, but it now seems the CME group have taken JP Morgan and HSBC's cause to heart in crashing the price of scarce silver for their valued banking clients. The action demonstrates position limit reform is now more important than ever.

This orchestrated crash brings into serious doubt the role of the CME group as independent market operators and regulatory action is now required to curtail the ability of the CME to repeat these actions. Further, this behaviour completely nullifies the testimony of the CME groups submissions to the CFTC inquiry into position limits. They have demonstrated in their dereliction of duty, total disregard for the integrity of the COMEX market which they long claimed in defense of enforcing position limits.

Kind Regards,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.