1. 963 Posts.
    Do thyne eyes deceive me.

Mineral Resources : Concept to Development
    MACMIN SILVER LTD

Company Announcements Office
    Australian Stock Exchange
    Dear Sir,
    SILVER PRODUCTION
    Macmin Silver is pleased to announce that the first production of silver powder from the Twin Hills
    Silver Mine at Texas, Queensland was achieved on 30th March 2007.
    This milestone completes the passage of mine ore through the entire mining and production
    circuit, including the Electrometals silver extraction electrowinning plant, to finished product.
    Production of silver powder will gradually increase over the next 3 to 6 months to an annualised
    rate of 2.5 million ounces of silver. If, at that time, market conditions are appropriate, Macmin will
    consider a further gradual increase in annualised production to approximately 4 million ounces of
    silver.
    The strategy of producing a silver powder and seeking direct sale of the powder is aimed at lower
    production costs, elimination of refining costs and potentially obtaining a premium price for this
    unique form of silver. Silver powder is used in a number of industrial situations such as
    electronics and antibacterial applications and is usually obtained by breaking down silver ingots.
    Supplying the powder as a mine gate product will be the subject of substantial marketing initiatives
    as production increases. Any silver powder production which does not find an immediate market
    can be readily refined and sold in solid form.
    In respect to the Non-Standard Environmental Authority (EA) in our ASX release dated 5th March
    2007 we note that we have now received the EA conditions from the Environmental Protection
    Agency (EPA) and have agreed in writing to those conditions. We await receipt of final
    documentation from the EPA. Mining, crushing, stacking, leaching and silver production is
    continuing.
    Management will continue to optimise processes and equipment utilisation as the mine workforce
    gains experience and production levels are built up.
    The Board would like to take this opportunity to thank staff, shareholders, suppliers and
    contractors for their support during the mine construction phase and into the future as the mine
    develops.
    Yours faithfully,
    MACMIN SILVER LTD
    R.D. McNeil
    Executive Chairman
    kc/ge039.07

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.