SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

Silver - shortage. (2 articles), page-29

1. 1,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 535
    Hi guys ,
    for those of you that are out there hunting down some silver on the secondary market , for example non bullion coins , pre decimals or commemorative coins , I can pass on a few tips when buying them .

So lets forget about the numismatic value for a moment and concentrate on the actual silver content which is basically what it is worth unless it is a 1932 florin .

1) A coin that is between 39 and 42 mm in diameter and is 100% silver is usually 1oz give or take a gram .

2) Then you have silver content which varies between 40% and 100%

3) So if you find a coin that is 40mm for example and is 80% and silver today at $AU 23 you could estimate it a value of $18.40

4) I work on a simple little formula that works on the up or down side of value with a 10% variance . If every one is familiar with Australian pre decimal currency pre 45 which is Stirling 92.5
    threepence = $1
    sixpence = $2 same as 5c in size
    shilling = $4 10c
    florin = $8 20c

5) If you find coins keep those sizes in mind and make your guesstimate

6) for example I have a 1954 Australian florin 28.5 mm 50% silver = $4 or a 1961 Canadian half dollar 29.5 mm $6.40 , both coins weigh 11.5 gms.

I hope this helps and is not to confusing and I am quite happy to answer questions if I can.

We all have the big bullion bars for that yacht but you still need the little ones to purchase a gone fishing sign .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.