GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

silverwood drilling update

1. 44 Posts.
    Just checked the Sonris site, all looking good.

This is the update:

GIH W/ DIR ASSY, K/O @ 5850, DRLG AROUND FISH T/ 6441'; POOH; TIH & DRLD T/ 7505'

I've tried to decipher it as best i can:

GIH W/ DIR ASSY,

Going in Hole ? with drill ? assembly

K/O @ 5850,

Kick off at 5850'

DRLG AROUND FISH T/ 6441';

Drilling in Progress AROUND FISH T/ 6441'

POOH;

Pulling out of hole

TIH & DRLD T/ 7505'

Tripping in hole and Drilling in Progress T/ 7505'

They have a target depth (according to the quarterly) of 9500'

The quarterly later says: the primary target is the Vicksburg Sand and is mainly shallow oil (9,300 feet) and the deeper target (Cockfield) is oil and gas (11,600 feet). The current plan is to drill a Vicksburg Sand test well adjacent to earlier wells that reached the Vicksburg Sand and flowed oil and gas to surface but mechanically were not prepared for the unique geo pressured environment known to be found in the Vicksburg Sand at Silverwood.

The potential oil resource of the Vicksburg Sand objective is estimated at 2.7 million barrels of oil and 2.7 billion cubic feet of gas. Average cumulative production per well is around 211,000 barrels of oil and 0.2 billion cubic feet of gas. Initial flow rates are estimated to be around the 200+ barrels of oil per day level although the over pressure environment may significantly increase initial flow rates.

The potential oil resource of the Cockfield objective is estimated at 4.7 million barrels of oil and 10.3 billion cubic feet of gas. An initial test well of the deeper Cockfield is planned as a second test well once the operational environment of drilling the Vicksburg Sand is fully understood.

So we've got a little way to go yet but seems to be proceeding ok; no explanation as to the reason for the trip.

I think we're overdue for some good news!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.