EDE 0.00% 0.2¢ eden innovations ltd

Similar materials, page-4

1. 1,857 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 392
    obrienjk.

There are many additives on the market giving the same characteristics as Eden.  For example compressive strength you can increase the cement content and use additives to increase workability.  For permeability there is a product called http://www.xypex.com.au/.

Even the most die hard fans of Edencrete will acknowledge other additives exist.  The real question is does Edens combination of property improvements provide value to the client?  Are there applications where an increase in each proporty is required?

One example for me I was working on a FINA approved swimming pool project.  The concrete had to demonstrate low porosity requirements (you don't want the water seeping through the pool!).   For this we used Xypex which was expensive but well worth it as it was an established product.  In the above circumstance we didn't need increased compressive strength, abrasion or flexural strength so Edencrete would not have provided any use beyond the porosity.  In this case it would be the cheapest product wins.

EdenCrete needs to demonstrate that the increase in performance characteristics directly improve the project.

eg: if a project has 32MPa concrete specified then why would someone buy 32MPa and then add Edencrete to get more compressive strength?  It would be a waste of money.  Conversely, why would someone buy 25MPa concrete and add Edencrete with the hopes of a strength increase when they could very easily just buy the 32MPa blend?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.