Nanu looks like a competitor. But based on reviews it seems to...

1. 1,415 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Nanu looks like a competitor. But based on reviews it seems to not be overly reliable, especially when calling non-nanu phones, and based on some reviews it doesnt seem you can pay to get more calls to non nanu users. Maybe I could be wrong about this, as I have never tried the app. They make their money from ads. Seems like ZipT already has a better product, and its still in refining stages. Additionally, my view is that zipt is aiming for a reliable phoning service, and the way they are so far rolling it out seems like they are taking their time, and fixing bugs before expanding. Smart move, as they dont want to lose customers early.
    Interesting that Nanu is targeting 1 million users in its initial promotion, and already they have over 1 mil downloads on play store since launch about 6mths ago. Shows that demand is present, and its reasonable to assume we can get these numbers and more especially with a good reliable product.
    When ZipT has 1 million users perhaps we could see some reasonable revenue generated fairly soon. Imagine the average user spent 20c per month, that would amount to $2.4 mil a year. (Just to compare, skype has 300 mil users, and makes a revenue of $700 mil a year. A quick calculation reveals that on average each user spends 20c per month.)
    So maybe we could be in the green by the end of 2015! Wishful thinking maybe? or too many late nights and not thinking clearly?
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.246M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $2.012K 667.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 8615245 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 6132262 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DOU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.