Similarities between ZIP and Norwood Systems (NWD), page-29

1. 7,057 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    Thanks for the reply Amused:

1 They do have other products, one is called Assiesim- but I don't have much faith in it as it could easily become obsolete when big telcos start tightening up. Yes there is a risk when a company's future rides on the success of one product. You could say that about Facebook as well - a single free app. And what currency issue are you talking about? The lower AUD gives us freebies as everyone pay us in USD. $1 USD= $1.23 AUD does it not?

2 Not hard to use, just download, register, and use. How much easier can it be?

3 ZIP have about $7 mil in bank, enough to make an impact quickly. It's mc is under $20 mil. The target market is, well, the whole world!

4 Not familiar with the Dotcom era but from what I'm guessing a bubble was created when every dick with a Dotcom website gets listed and their shares took off. ZIpT is a communications tool targeting the global communications market - not just any free app. That's a big market, there should be enough room there for a mere $20 mil mc cap company to eek out a living if their product is proven to be usable. Still speculative to a good degree obviously.

5 Being mobile has its advantages, anyone one anywhere in the world can access it. Having a very large market means ZIP only needs a small percentage of the users to retain and use its product, namely the premium service, in order to grow revenue. It's calling rates are very competitive.

6 Agree. I feel more comfortable if a hacker is on board as well. But if every success requires a hotshot with a formidable track record then the world will get nowhere. One thing ZIP founder seem to have is a good business plan and they are following it.

7 Yes Canberra loves resource companies, maybe they shouldn't rely too heavily on one sector. ZIP does not need to be the next multi billion dollar company. When it starts making small profits the business will grow and evolve - hopefully.

8 Maybe too many visitors to the site causing it to crash? Or maybe they want to limit the uptake first? Money isn't the issue as I can't imagine it costing $7 mil to keep a simple website going. Their company website has no issues. You can get all your facts there.

9 If you have.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $3.246M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $18 6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 19930018 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 12322885 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.04am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DOU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.