re: simon creap - political failure Probably not so...but what a...

1. 131 Posts.
    re: simon creap - political failure Probably not so...but what a time for him to get Labors top job...The present Government has hardly put a foot wrong for years now...and poor Simon is left searching for an issue...Poor judgement in opposing the boat people issue and the current conflict...
    Ibsen wrote a play in the 1800's called "A Public Enemy"..In it, amoung other things, he put a proposition that " the majority is never right"...and that public opinion eventually catches up with policy decisions...I suspect that this issue will be no different.
    British PM at the time, Chamberlain returned from Europe in 1935 claiming "Peace in our Time"...after meeting with the German Government...Public opinion believed it at the time...until Hitler invaded Poland a short time later..Saddam Hussein also gives the world assurances despite the contradictory hard evidence..and he expects us to believe him...( the Greens and the Democrats appear to...) Labour dont but are not willing to admit it....and the French are again having a two way bet...
    I for one want to be able to travel the Globe without any fear..and I applaud the warriors of the coalition for their contributions to making the world a safer place...now and in the past.
    I see our Defence personnel out there doing their jobs..and I am proud...I see the protesters in the streets and I am bewildered...I imagine the likes of Hussein as a Dictator over this country...and I feel privilaged...I pray that this menace is defeated swiftly and that the people of Iraq will all have a better future as a result...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.