EFT 0.00% 49.0¢ eftel limited

For somebody associated with a business whose owner has just...

1. 71 Posts.
    For somebody associated with a business whose owner has just announced that he has "no reserves" and must whack customers with a $3 per month surcharge in an attempt to stay alive, you are a tad too willing to discuss balance sheets...

EFTel's receivable are about half of its current assets. EFTel's current liabilities include over $2M in unearned revenue ("deferred revenue"). Cash and receivables enjoy near-term (or immediate) availability. "Current" liabilities include all debts due and payable within twelve months. That is the fundamental reason why a business may have a current ratio of less than 1 and be perfectly solvent.

iiNet reports $38M of current assets, of which $20M is receivables (i.e. around half) and $9M is "pre-payments" (unearned revenue). Only $9M is cash.

Current liabilities are $78M, around double the current assets, and around 8 times cash.

I don't suppose anybody thinks that iiNet is on the verge of insolvency, despite having double the current liabilities of its current assets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EFT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.