EFT 0.00% 49.0¢ eftel limited

"PocketSurfer2 is a great example of what is wrong with the...

1. 71 Posts.
    "PocketSurfer2 is a great example of what is wrong with the board & management of EFT."

I'm more than content to leave the Pocketsurfer assessment to objective observers. It's a public company based in Canada with sales efforts in several countries. If it booms here through some other path to market than EFTel, you can legitimately say that we missed an opportunity.

I could not be more confident about our position on it, however. Commercially, it's a dog.

Of course, that opportunity remains for Danny Ehrenfeld or some other private investor to pick up, which for some reason none of them has. Could it be they agree with us? Obviously they do.

You seem to be complaining about my Whirlpool posts promoting Pocketsurfer. I invite you to quote any of them that you like, highlighting something which you believe was untrue or unjustified, or even which conflicts with my present views.

The number of active accounts now is around 140,000. The information you have quoted from various sources is all correct. I don't understand your implied criticism, as though you had actually stated any specific problem, which you haven't. Perhaps you could try again?

An item of background might assist you to grasp the dynamics of customer/accounts numbers. The sole access product sold to the public by ISPs until a few years ago was dial-up. Then broadband became available, and customers have been moving from dial-up to broadband. Due to the nature of this change, many customers choose a new supplier when they make the switch. This is why iiNet, for example, lost many tens of thousands of customers in the Ozemail acquisition - they were dial-up accounts which switched elsewhere for broadband. Of course, we also gain customers to broadband who were with somebody else for dial-up. It's a very fluid situation.

Organic growth activity replaces churn and (hopefully) adds to total numbers. In our case we have been holding our own, growing our number of active accounts slightly, and growing our revenue (and profits). Our acquisitions provided a foundation for our present prosperity, just as iiNet's did for them. In the last financial year we grew revenue by organic means, but accounts numbers were pretty flat. iiNet replaced its churn out, but didn't grow. We're quite pleased with the result, although we're never satisfied.

I hope that helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EFT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.