TLS 0.00% $3.95 telstra group limited

CP didn't anyone else watch penn and the chairman at the tls...

1. 9,736 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 459
    CP didn't anyone else watch penn and the chairman at the tls presentation directly refer to the roaming declaration review and directly naming vodafone.I have never heard such strong words regarding the potential damage to shareholder value if the network is declared.Its not me suggesting the threat,they suggested the material damage to shareholders.
    Also the accc said is was time for another review,but as posted they said they understood the potential damage to customer services and investment,they also said they felt it necessary to make a decision as soon as possible,what ever that means for a govt authority.
    Tls has not officially responded as i guess they r waiting for an decision.
    My 2 cents ,i don't believe the accc will interfere to much in tls's mobile services in this review.But imo there is a strong chance in 2020 after tls has spent the extra $3b on capex then the accc may feel the time is right to declare tls's network.etc etc.
    Even if tls fights the decision legally whenever it is made,imo it just makes sense for tls to diversify into digital advertising,digital health and digital banking,either in a passive way or a controlling way depending on the business model/sector while they r the dominant player.
    Imo a very similar position as fairfax,fairfax had the market dominance but didn't change their business model as technology changed.In tls's case its regulatory change that is the threat and could destroy tls eg making the mobile sector a level playing field thru declaration for tls,vodafone and optus,if that became reality whether 3rd,4th,5th review tls would become the chimp sooner or later and the real gorillas ,optus and vodafone would become the dominant mobile and fixed players sooner or later.imo
    ps singtel and vodafone have 400m plus customers globally each, imo obviously optus and vodafone will use their global strengths eg vodafones $5 global roaming for a start.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.95
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.63B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.95 $3.95 $3.93 $96.25M 24.40M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 16267 $3.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.96 837243 55
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.