LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

I am sure the cost of disassembly and rebuilding would be large...

1. 7,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    I am sure the cost of disassembly and rebuilding would be large probably close to building new. Plus new would allow for many enhancements. So I doubt they would move entire plant. That said there are several good arguments against this whole line of thought. The plant is safe. It passes everyday continuous environmental monitoring with data collection off site and in control of government. Please see https://www.lynascorp.com/Pages/Environmental-Monitoring.aspx for very up to date info. Next Lynas has not lost one day of planning, construction, startup, production in this century to lack of permits. Yes there is always grandstanding and gnashing of teeth but permits are always there a few hours before they need them. (horibal way to do buisness but they are there) I think you will see it happen again, I cannot prove it. Lastly if it did come down to lack of a permit all that would have to be moved to AU is Cracking and Leaching. This removes 100% of Thorium and other waste residue mixed with the RE. This could easily be done in stages so no shut down. You like some others have a poor understanding of what is involved at what stages when you even suggest moving whole plant. Let me say this clearly because the last time I Mentioned moving C&L many thought I was suggesting it, I do not see it ever being needed. I think permits will be there when needed. All I am saying is, if it ever did come to moving facilities for lack of a waste permit, all that would have to be moved is C&L. This could be moved fairly easily. I think they would build a single new Kiln in AU. Then disasemble one kiln at a time at Lamp and move it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.