DJS 0.00% $3.99 david jones limited

Malcolm in the middle: I hold djs shares and at this point am...

1. 89 Posts.
    Malcolm in the middle: I hold djs shares and at this point am not considering selling. I am not happy with the performance and I believe strongly that djs has lost focus of its market. Djs was never about competing with the lower end of the market. Now before anyone starts saying that the upper end of the market isn't there, they need to do some research. A number of articles I have read lately say that the most growth in retail is in the luxury market. For example the LVMH company that own among other things Louis Vuitton are reporting a very strong increase in profit and other luxury sellers are reporting the same. It is a two track economy at the moment and the ones doing well are spending.

DJS also need to get their act together when it comes to on line retailing. Their site is a shocker and anyone who has ever shopped on line at one of the large US department stores eg Baneys, Neiman Marcus will know that their sites are easier to navigate and slicker. Customers get frustrated with the David Jones site and give up like I did trying to gain access to the NY sales on line. Embarrassing that they put such a site up .
    Maybe the management of DJS would be more suited to retailing machinery or motor vehicles. All retail is not the same

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.