CTP 0.00% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

LOL Grange, nope not facing any duststorms where I am in Perth,...

1. 609 Posts.
    LOL Grange, nope not facing any duststorms where I am in Perth, though have had to weather a few storms the past few weeks hence the lack of posting!

malman, amelius - wish I had more input though havent had a great deal to say lately. I'm pretty sure we'll have alot to discuss this coming week though.

grumpster I think we may be able to get away discussing geothermal credentials here given CTP do have a geothermal subsidiary set up as a longer term strategy. It's still somewhat on topic and as long as it doesn't stray too far then we won't upset too many people!

I'm not sure what your concern is exactly - are you saying geothermal energy production doesn't actually work? I'm sure you're aware there are numerous geothermal plants globally working in different geological and production scenarios as rob has pointed out.

Firstly with respect to CTP, it may be a different story given the isolation as it would be hard to monetise any geothermal energy via contribution to the grid unless infrastructure in the region changes (I'm currenty unsure of the nearest connection point in correlation to hotspots but one would assume Alice Springs). However in years to come it could even provide the source of energy for the GTL facility etc, anything is possible!

Now there is data around to indicate the that basins in which CTP operates hosts significant HDR potential to exploit so it's great to see JH take the initiative of adding it to the companies arsenal so early in the piece, especially given global environmental concerns/awareness.

Now from memory for HDR I believe the assumption in general is that 1 km3 of hot rocks at 200 degrees celcius has the potential to produce around 10 MW electricity annually even considering rock temperatures falling to 180 degrees celcius over 20 years. With the size of CTP's permit area and looking at GA data, if proven up the HDR could be of enormous underlying value in years to come (ie - in the billions).

But further to this - IMO, not only is there potential for HDR geothermal production in CTP's package but I would confidently say Hydrothermal production scenarios are possible aswell given the Great Artesian Basin is prevalent in the south east quadrant of the NT.

Hydrothermal extaction is obviously alot different to HDR , but all you need is a heat source (our magma), an aquifer containing easily accessible water (that being the great artesian), and finally an impermeable layer of capping rock which seals the aquifer. The energy is extracted by simply drilling into the acquifier and extracting the steam and/or hot water. Sounds easy right?

So basically we have two potential geothermal production options in our permit areas and it wouldnt surprise me if JH farms out a geothermal package in the next few years and lets the farminee identify the hotspots and undertake majority of exploration work in that side of things.

Anyway I have to run but open to further discussion (hopefully I answered what you were querying grumpster?)

R/
    Sav

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 157096 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 96029 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.