GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

www.jsmineset.com/My Dear Friends,I have not been warning you...

1. 174 Posts.
    www.jsmineset.com/

My Dear Friends,

I have not been warning you about the developments in Pakistan for two years based on imagination. My sources are people who know and have yet to be wrong.

Do you remember the spin when Musharraf was politically unseated? The spin that day was that it was a true exercise of Democracy, and positive to Western interests. That will go down in the history of spin as world class stupid.

The end of Musharraf will compete in the annals of history with the disposition of the Shah of Iran.

This is not about the in-place nukes.

Crude is going to $170 and gold to $1200 this year with sound reasoning. Globalization now poses a problem for the Authoritarian central planners.

There is absolutely nothing the Authoritarian central planners can do to prevent $170 crude and $1200 gold because markets everywhere are licking their chops for US price controls and market interference.

Pakistan gives in to terror
    June 7, 2008

When Pakistan's current government took office following February's elections, it promised to put an end to homegrown violence and terror. It has done nothing of the sort. Instead, it has botched its negotiations with militants. It has utterly failed at freeing its people from the extremists' influence. Instead of protecting its citizens, the current government has sold them out.

This government, a coalition between the Pakistan People's Party and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, has proved to be worse at fighting extremism than the one led by discredited President Pervez Musharraf.

All of this was sadly demonstrated this past Monday when a car bomb exploded outside the Danish embassy in Islamabad. The blast killed at least six people and injured dozens. Al Qaeda operatives in Afghanistan claimed responsibility for the explosion. And they said they received help from Pakistani militants.

When the new government took office, the only course for the U.S. seemed to be to step back. The U.S. was closely allied with Musharraf, which had created resentment in the political opposition. The new leaders were going to have to be given a chance to take ownership of Pakistan's fight against terror. The new leaders were not going to cooperate if it looked like they were fighting a proxy war on behalf of the United States.

Now it looks like they won't cooperate in fighting a war on behalf of their own people. The inept Pakistani government is capitulating to indigenous militants.

More?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.