IMO, many of the abused may not have gome forward and for the...

1. 56,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    IMO, many of the abused may not have gome forward and for the Pope not to mention the crisis in his Easter message is deplorable. Hopefully, one day in this country at least, we can change C/Wlth/State Law so that the Church(es) can be left legally culpable and responsible to the victims, so as to make sure that damages and compensation can be drilled through the courts. The facts are that the crimes are much worse due to the implied obligation and association between victim and perpetrator. The only trivial analogy I can think of is stealing as a servant.

For me, one of the many causes may well be due not to the Catholic doctrine, but perhaps a lot to do with the practice of plucking teenage boys, as young as 12/13 to be trained as Priests. They never grew up and possibly had/have a childish outlook on life and on sex.

The Vatican needs to be held accountable rather than sweeping it under the carpet and if thewy aren't stepping up, a change in legislation is needed for them to be found guilty.

I'm no Catholic basher, as I am aware that this type of abuse has happened throughout all denominations. All I ask is for legal address and an ongoing apology.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.