TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

singapore takeover by stealth

1. 290 Posts.
    I'm a little perturbed that two of my favourite shareholding Aussie food companies are likely to get gobbled up by Singaporean interests....(don't worry: of course some of my best friends come from Singapore; I'm more perturbed by the fact Australia seems to have no interest in retaining these assets)

Behold Select Harvest (SHV), the world's second largest almond manager (no takeover yet) and Tassal, the dominant Aussie Salmon company

Rather than being short sighted imbeciles clouded in a resource boom, the Singaporeans are inching towards control of these excellent, irreplaceable long term assets at absolute theft prices...

Behold, it seems the Singaporeans have discovered the 'loophole' to buying a company on the cheap....the 'ownership creep' provisions.......yes, that's right, at 2% a year they can get majority control without ever making a bid

Course they will bid before then......hopefully, our investment industry rediscovers this bankable growth stock which is trading at a PE of 7.5 before then!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.