Okay Johnny your jokes are about men. However they are about men...

1. 4,468 Posts.
    Okay Johnny your jokes are about men. However they are about men in general, and are pretty light-hearted and silly. No problems about that, nor about most silly jokes about women and blondes etc.

However, this very popular 'joke' is really an attack on a discrete section of the population, and an extremely vulnerable one at that. The proliferation of single parent families is not a good thing - I am not saying that either.

For example, I thought the baby bonus was a major incentive for disadvantaged young girls to have babies as a kind of career choice - it was bad news. However the whole area is not a bad joke, or any kind of joke at all.

First the govt hands out massive baby bonuses and then decides to starve them by pretending that these women will be able to get jobs and childcare, while cutting the money they need to eat etc.

Personally I despair at the exponential growth of the single parent family and children brought up without fathers. However I do not find it funny. I actually teach in a very low SES area and see teenage girls getting pregnant with really very little hope for their future or that of their infants. Sad.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.