BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

single treatment and "done"

1. 8,256 Posts.
    Now this is what we have been waiting for:

"The new class of long acting neuraminidase inhibitors provide the opportunity to medicate patients on a one and done basis and offer a number of potential benefits.
    These include that the patient is more likely to use the product properly and as intended and also offers a reduced cost of storage and transport per course, where the product is intended to be stockpiled".

I don't understand the approach "the patient is more likely to use the product properly" - I believe the key is to supply direct to doctors. When someone believes they have the flu, they need to go to the doctor. They presumably won't be able to buy Inavir without a prescription. So surely the doctor will have the stock of Inavir and will treat the patient on the spot - no point in making the patient go to the chemist to buy the Inavir and then take it home for a single dose.

So if marketed correctly, it should be directly at the coal face - to the doctors, through a process of negotiation with the health departments and government.

Wonder how the supply/treatment process operates in Japan?

Bring on ROW!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.