singo v waterhouse

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    An interesting article in the smh (link below) written by John Singleton. It really looks damning for TW & GW. With Andrew Johns attending the inquiry, I really can't see how he can water it all down. I am sure Singleton wouldn't lie and write an article about what Johns had said to him. Just when i thought this would all just blow over with neither side escaping punishment, how can TW & GW escape punishment when Singleton has reported the following (which surely Johns will have to confirm):

14.The owner rings the footballer to confirm the information, which includes the fact that the vets have been all over the horse all week and he has been told the horse is "off" and "will finish nearer last than first".

15.The owner asks if this is good information and is advised it is as good as it gets, being from the bookmaker son of the trainer.

16.In one of the two conversations, it is relayed that the horse "cannot even get its head down to eat grass".

Pretty damning stuff. And surely Johns wouldn't have embellished something so serious. You couldn't make up point number 16.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/its-time-to-set-the-record-straight-20130511-2jezq.html#ixzz2T3sQO75e

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.