CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Hi sharebroker1. I agree to some extent with your sentiment...

1. 3,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1919
    Hi sharebroker1. I agree to some extent with your sentiment here. These "trash headings" are found all across HotCopper though as people struggle to come to terms with the loss of funds that are being experienced by hundreds of companies over the past 2 years. I, myself, am down a barrel load on this specca, but I went in eyes open, and am not blaming anyone for my losses on paper.

I just read in The Australian that 5560 businesses went into liquidation, according to ASIC, last year '22 and the number could be even worse in 2023 as a result of rising inflation.

I see this stock behaving like many other Microcaps, particularly over these last two to three years with the damage to the economy caused by Covid, the war in Ukraine and spiralling interest rates. Not a good time to be hanging onto stock unfortunately as people cash out to try and create liquidity to live on, but, on the bright side, it could eventually be good for a few low-priced, cashed-up, '0' debt companies, when the market turns if investors are cashed up to buy back in at bargain basement prices. Many of these Pennies have inexperienced management but Aussies do love to gamble on and look for opportunities and high rewards.

Re CGB, well the business story has been dismal, no argument from me there, but, probably like you, I can't ignore the economic management of public funds with these guys, which I noticed you referred to. During these difficult times, well it has probably been their one ace card compared to the majority of the other Cannabis players running on rocket fuel, trying to merge to save themselves or hands out again for C.R.s'. I just haven't liked or agreed with their constant changing of business deals.

Again trying to look at any positives and balance against errors. I also have observed that of all the Cannabis companies, these guys have not stuck their hands out for as much as the others, and they also try and chase funds themselves before coming to shareholders for C.R.'s. That is what I expect a company to do who is managing my funds, which I look for in my blue chip investments. I am not saying this is a blue chipper btw. Better get that out there quickly! smile.png

CGB, on the other hand, is still behaving like a Micro. Extremely volatile movement, difficulties in landing and keeping deals and high-risk share price movements.

20 cents, you say??? Mmmm..anything is possible with a low share register but that may only occur if the deals announced were seen as "investable opportunities" by the market. Is there any record that they have been there before? Yes, in the AGV/QBL early days, but will that happen quickly now after relisting????

Is the market prepared to buy that high at the moment as well, SB1? It is obvious Mr. Retail Market is very sour on this company at the moment, I might say, as he/they/she is for all the other 30 plus ASX cannabis interests. Quite a few of them are also languishing down or close to CGB's suspended price of 0.021.

I have also been reading about Micro's with good cash reserves (not many btw) and focused on the other 700 plus mining companies out there to compare for accumulated expenditure and cash funds. Believe it, or not, there are many other Explorers that have traded for as long as CGB has and are still working investors for more funds with much higher numbers in accumulation than CGB. I provided a chart in here last year on this. The main difference between them and CGB, as far as commentary goes, is the heavy biasing in conversation on the HC platform. In saying that, it is what the forum has wanted to do. I support those posters who don't wish to comment here atm, I, myself have many on Ignore and am only occasionally posting now.

(To clarify, if CGB was running on rocket fuel only, I wouldn't bother commenting here.) In tough economic times, you must conserve shareholder funds. I see them doing that and that is the reason I am adding commentary at this time. What will they do with the remaining $8.6ML? I would hope that they keep a tight ship and save it until they land that right deal or get more sales for their products.

I do wish all long-suffering LT holders success this year.
    Last edited by Neil1959: 05/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.