SRX 0.00% 17.5¢ sierra rutile holdings limited

sirtex picks up alot of business, page-2

1. 396 Posts.
    pheenom

thanks for the information. Am I correct in drawing the conclusions from that article that:
    1. Sirtex's competitors will have their sales crimped because their source of isotopes is out of action for a month or so; and
    2. that SRX has an alternate, secure source of supply of isotopes, so that it can steam on with its business, with no interruption to sales and, indeed, with the prospect of picking up some of the market temporarily vacated by its crimped competitors
    3. temporarily jack up some of their prices to take advantage of the supply squeeze (perhaps this is less than ethical and might tarnish their reputation, but at the margin I suspect SRX could make a case for charging a premium).

A key factor here is whether SRX has contracts which lock in their access to whatever number of isotopes it requires from its supplier/s, or whether those isotopes are up for grabs on the open market and might be bid away from SRX by competitors keen to protect their sales. If the latter, their (isotope) input costs might rise and their own access to isotopes might be compromised.

Do you have any info on what the situation is?

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $74.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 17.5¢ $19.81K 113.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 6422505 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 1547308 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.