SRX 0.00% 17.5¢ sierra rutile holdings limited

sirtex picks up alot of business, page-4

1. 45 Posts.
    Hi Splain,
    I'm not Pheenom but I can answer your questions:

1. You are correct, but note their sales will be crimped for much longer than one month (by their own estimates, refer to their earnings discussed in the press release, in pheenoms post)

2. Sirtex has a secure supply at two locations, US & AUS.

3. No Sirtex would not "jack up the price". That is ridiculous (sorry).

The key benefit for Sirtex will come from the uncertainty in the oncology profession about Theraspheres supply in the short / medium term / long term.

Theraspheres have said the reactor will be out of action for at least a month, and they will know more then. They have not said "it will be fixed in a month". So it could take much longer, and may even need full replacement as over 50 years old.

IMO the benefit would come from following types of scenarios playing out:

An oncologist that is currently "linked up" with Theraspheres would have to at a minimum go through the tests & protocols to determine whether that patient is suitable for treatment with Sirtex. The patient has cancer and can't afford to wait around for news on how the reactor is going. In this case, there is an FDA approved scientifically proven substitute treatment available now.

Once the medical clinics use Sirtex and realise how effective it is..why would you go back to Theraspheres? (What if the reactor breaks again?.

This is an industry where reliability and quality matters. The cream always rises to the top.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.