SRX 0.00% 17.5¢ sierra rutile holdings limited

sirtex picks up alot of business, page-6

1. 396 Posts.
    xarmsy

thanks for the feedback - I now have a clearer idea of the significance of the interruption to Thermospheres isotope supply and the huge market advantage this will confer upon Sirtex.
    While sad news for Thermosphere, it should give a great boost to SRX's market penetration and the company's bottom line.
    This experience though does raise the issue of how secure are SRX's sources of supply, and what is its contingency strategy if something similar should happen to them. This circumstance was not one of the risks I considered before investing in SRX.

(And no offence taken for the view that raising the price is out of the question. I don't know the market and raised that option as a theoretical possibility.
    My usual reaction to situations where supply suddenly falls short of demand is to expect at least some prices to rise as a way of rationing the limited supplies. Either consumers bid up the price in an effort to get hold of - in this case - a product vital for their survival, or the company raises prices to ration their limited supply and/or maximise profits. However, in an industry where long term relationships matter, it is proabably the case that SRX will not want to harm its reputation or relationship with medical centres by appearing to be price gouging to take advantage of Thermospheres misfortune.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $74.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 17.5¢ $19.81K 113.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 6422505 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 1547308 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.