PEK 0.00% 19.5¢ peak rare earths limited

site costs and timelines

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    We know that different paths may be followed at the Ngualla site re if we go the DA leech path or dig and concentrate using another less energy intensive method.

Do we do know one thing though with certainty. A decent sized permanent/semi permanent camp will be needed.

I have done some scratchings and luckily got a bored State Manager(straight to the top lol!)of a hire place to get some base figures to work off.

For mining camps here in W.A they work off needing electrical generation capacity of 2.5 K.V.A per person.

Also found out a large but not jumbo 150 K.V.A generator under full load uses 40L/H fuel.

So if we have a camp with sixty guys(seems about reasonable) living and working at Ngualla, we can guess the camp use of diesil p.d be will be at worst be about 960 litres.

At say $3 per l on site it becomes an expensive exercise. Especially as this is excluding power use for processing. The camp alone may cost up to about $1 mil a year in fuel.

This is all done on quite exy figures, and a largish camp and as we know to earn big you have to spend big.

But you would never have 60 guys on site unless you were building some sort of mine/plant or running same.

Solar may be able to reduce this cost significantly especially if even more power were needed for production of a concentrate for example. But I dont know, hopefully when Roydyer has a few 20 mins(hes a very busy boy) well he can add his valuable ideas.

Cheers Tretch

ps just as an afterthough, the bloke who kindly helped me with the power estimates would have been going off W.A specs. We expect everything airconed.

It may seem not quite PC but the prodominantly African workforce at Ngualla, especially if we employ a lot of locals which we should, probobly wont expect or perhaps like Air Con everything. If this is the case site generating running costs might be much lower again. I know Ngualla is hot and humid but it might not be as bad as the West Aus desert regards climatic harshness, not much is!

Hope these figures help someone

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $39.97K 202.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 177736 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 8393 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.