TLS 0.51% $3.93 telstra group limited

Sitting duck, page-99

1. 9,729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 458
    Equityma,imo absolutely tls will divest its fixed infrastructure ie $20b plus,no question.
    Reason,nbn has leased a technology ,not land etc eg HK,darwin habour, but a technology for 30 to 40 years.Tls in its last presentation has made it clear it can now provide a prospectus with forecast earnings for next 30 to 40 years with a govt tennant and increasing each year depending on inflation .
    Clearly ,at least to me ,leasing a technology (by a govt) in such a sector for such a period makes no sense,so if i was tls i would ipo it asap before any conflict can arise between govt.
    That imo would seem to answer yr question,but of course what tls does with the proceeds no one can answer.
    ps Equityma i'm not sure what u r suggesting regarding nbn and foxtel,tls and news own foxtel.
    JC,i have more concerns regarding tls not taking advantage of the massive sensis advertising customer base which imo clearly is a competitive advantage/attraction for fixed/mobile digital advertising.To establish such a customer base is not easy.As posted penn did mention a foxtel ipo but clearly no interest.But imo ,tls has a strong 50% partner in news corp plus imo clearly content is imperative to telcos eg at&t play for time warner.
    Beyond that for me foxtel is not on my list of tls major concerns.glta holders ,hope baggins is feeling better with his holdings because imo i agree with thodey,it is the most exciting sector in the asx ,but obviously as long as tls can take advantage of its current competitive advantage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.93
Change
0.020(0.51%)
Mkt cap ! $45.40B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.91 $3.93 $3.90 $133.6M 34.03M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 486481 $3.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.93 76101 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.