CFR 0.00% 0.6¢ cluff resources pacific nl

Alright Marcs, as one of Cluff's proverbial 'long suffering'...

1. 165 Posts.
    Alright Marcs, as one of Cluff's proverbial 'long suffering' holders, I should indulge your quest for information and perform some mathematical wizardry:
    let's get 'creative' for just a minute and speculate that there might be a one million-ounce gold deposit in Madagascar (I hope it turns out to be much larger, but let's just assume this nice round figure for argument's sake).
    One million ounces at $1400 an ounce gives $1.4 billion.
    Assume mining and smelting costs total about $600 per ounce mined, which gives $600 million in costs.
    Profit will then be $800 million, of which Cluff gets 35%.
    So we have a profit of $280 million in hand.
    Conveniently forgetting for one minute how a company like Cluff will be able to afford its share of the mining and processing costs to earn this tasty profit, it looks quite good when compared to the present market cap which is a little over $20 million.
    And we haven't even factored in diamond or tin to the equation: diamonds might be a bit tough for my calculator, but where tin is concerned we shouldn't forget that Cluff own the underground rights to the tin deposits still contained beneath the Ardlethan tin mine: one of these is the Godfrey griesen, with an indicated resource of 2.8 million tonnes at 0.42% tin.
    The calculators says that this represents 11,760 tonnes of metallic tin at $31,700 an tonne, totalling about $373 million.
    Not sure about mining and processing costs here, but even if there was $100 million profit it would look good compared to today's capitalisation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.