pinto, thanks for the lengthy frank reply.My take on things here...

1. 5,647 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

pinto, thanks for the lengthy frank reply.

My take on things here are a little different. Most probably see the imagined path forward as keeping a foot on the throat of old mate covid but I feel things aren't quite as they seem. I prefer to say where we are at and where we have to go. Others can join the dots.

At the moment we are in 'Suppression phase' which gives immediate relief to a frightened population. The curve is flattening but that won't solve our problems. We are to receive more clarity about the modelling and goals next week.

So where are we going? Well, nothing is solved by a flattening curve if we are a well travelled population living in a world of similar nations with exploding corona infections ie US and UK. Unless, with a vaccine a minimum of 18 months away if at all, we believe in miracle treatments or it will burn out in Spring. I don't believe our leaders plan on a separate un-entwined future. We've also got the problem of an economy that 'must get back to business'. With an already expanded ICU capacity, we are told three times original capacity is possible and the government has purchased extra potential for healthcare from the private sector.

Covid has thrown decisions upon the whole world which reveal the fragile underpinnings of the social contract and how that impacts each age and income sub-group. A government is in a bind having to weigh them up no doubt, but in a partisan world partisan political decisions will perhaps flow. A left leaning government will maybe choose one path for it's constituency and so on.

I feel May to July will be a surprise for most. In the end, I reckon the economy is of import. Those in vulnerable subgroups might want a few more cans of beans in the cupboard.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.