MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

SK Innovation EV Batteries Banned* For 10 Years By U.S. ITC

1. LDW
    51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    According to the announcement, SK Innovation EV battery business (importation, domestic production, and sale of batteries for electric vehicles) is banned in the U.S. for 10 years. However, to not harm its clients (that were hoping to avoid a "catastrophic supply disruption"), ITC allows the continuation of the Ford F-150 Electric program for 4 years, and Volkswagen ID.4 (MEB) program for 2 years, to give them time to find new suppliers."
    https://insideevs.com/news/487231/sk-innovation-batteries-banned-10-years-us/

It stands to reason that this will only exacerbate the already acknowledged battery shortage. Hopefully this facilitates IM3NY scale more rapidly.

I found an article that claimed the current equipment is capable of 3GWH at hurion campus.

"As previously announced, Stage 1 development for 3 GWh/y of production at Huron Campus had an original estimated CAPEX cost of US$130m. This Alevo equipment acquisition now “allows IM3NY to produce over 1 GWh/y at a significantly reduced CAPEX cost of US$5 million, plus removal, re-engineering and reassembly”, the company says."

https://www.modernpowersystems.com/features/featureim3ny-builds-on-ashes-of-alevo-6151795/

I believe that IMN3NY may act as a pilot plant that proves to funding bodies that the battery manufacturing is financially viable. Once this occurs and with offtakes publically announced, I can see IM3TVL getting the financial backing it need to commence contsruction. As the prospect of verticle integration from MNS graphite project is necessary for the 'greenest battery in the marketplace' evaluation, I believe that the graphite project wills secure funding before IM3TVL.

Milestone progression will be exponential as risk decreases and financial viability is proven. The catalyst for this, I hope will occur this year if battery sales from IM3NY begins.

This is not financial advice. Just my reasoning and speculation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.