Skeptic vs Warmist, page-34

1. 12,871 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 583
    Mad Butcher,
    Thanks for a fair reply. You are right of course, (except for the AGW part.) The principal part of my business is in agriculture, so I have looked at the weather and climate for a good part of my life. I would easily become a warmist if I could see some real proof. I care about the planet , but in a logical, practical sort of way. I hate pollution but do not see CO2 as a pollutant. It is a clear and odourless gas, so any smog you can see is not CO2. I accept that it is a GHG as does everybody.
    As a successful businessman I have learnt to be very critical of almost everything I am told. This is especially true with any government run agency, politicians, bureaucrats and anyone who has a vested interest in an outcome aka climate scientists. The science for me and the great majority of the world is nowhere near being settled on AGW at this point in time and the wasted money going to renewables is a disgrace. Give me nuclear anyday. A very safe, guaranteed, base power energy source.
    If it came to pass that we did experience weather that was detrimental to our life(style) on the planet, then mitigation would be a far, far , far cheaper alternative.
    The only people on the planet who can afford enviromentalism are the wealthy western nations. Otherwise poor people are too busy trying to get by to care. I have seen it a million times all around the world.
    I find people like Maurice Newman a rare voice of reason and common sense and appreciate his forthright stance on this issue.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.