Skydive the Beach IPO, page-103

1. 216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    From what I know about the industry, each participant must sign a waiver of liability prior to skydiving in any site in Australia.
    In saying that, if you are doing a Tendam jump with an operator (i.e SKB) and something goes wrong, they may be liable for damages.
    For other skydivers (who jump alone at their own risk), I believe the company will only be held liable if something went wrong before the "jump" from the plane (i.e. plane accident).
    At the end of the day, once a skydiver jumps from the plane (unless it's a Tendam jump of skydiving training), it is impossible for the company to control and is 100% out of their control.

Therefore, before one decides whether there is any liability or damages, it is vital to understand several items:

1. who were the people involved- were they participating in Tendam jump or training?
    2. was there a debrief about the jump (and landing site) prior to the jump?
    3. did the people involved signed a waiver prior to the jump?
    4. what was their level of experience? (if new to Skydiving (i.e. have only recently completed their training) or new to the skydiving site, you would expect a longer/more comprehensive debrief) and what were the action taken by the company prior?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.