TLS 0.52% $3.86 telstra group limited

benson,this idea is retarded. I don't usually start my...

1. 11,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 565
    benson,

this idea is retarded. I don't usually start my criticisms so blunt but you would send telstra and/or optus broke if they succeeded with this.

This is how it would go..

Tls/optus start charging skype/google.. google and skype either pack up, making tls and optus essentially no money or making people switch to another ISP.. or they charge people for the service, thus making people switch to another ISP.

Then TLS/optus start charging more rent on their network to other ISPs. This continues until other ISP's hit pricepoint for creating their own capital infrastructure and build their own network, based on internet freedom.

TLS/Optus have to quickly change tactics but have tarnished their reputation and given up their major advantage of having the majority of copper network control..

Good business move.. not to mention what about viber? whatsapp? or the various multitudes that do the same thing? people will start creating black market apps if it means they can still chat free to their overseas relatives.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.