RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ raptor resources limited

SleepCheck, page-68

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 4 SEPTEMBER 2024 #
  1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1340
    Thanks Fox.

For most mild cases of OSA, without significant daytime somnolence, CPAP is not required.

So my thought is, for these mild cases, as a trial of CPAP would probably be not required, it may be reasonable not to proceed with formal in lab sleep study, given the cost and risk of catching COVID. It would be a different situation of course, if you're falling asleep regularly during the day, oe if moderate / severe OSA is suspected. Then formal sleep study would be advisable.

Lifestyle modification is a beautiful thing. Just like you'd eat less salt for hypertension, eat less sweets for diabetes, and eat less animal fat for hypercholesterolaemia, as well as exercise more, lose weight and stop smoking for first-line management of all these conditions, you should probably consider doing these same things for OSA. In addition, stopping alcohol and sedative medications are going to help OSA. If you do all of the above, and manage to lose a few kilograms, your OSA may well improve. You may be able to confirm your well deserved, hard earned improvement, in 2-3 months, with a repeat Sleepcheck test, with ~ 80-90% confidence that the test would be accurate.

I must emphasize that your doctor is still the best person to guide you onto the best management approach, appropriate to your case, as he knows your history best. So please consult your doctor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.