AWC 1.19% $1.70 alumina limited

sleeper stock of 2008

1. 2,131 Posts.
    The share price of this stock has done nothing over the last few years. Does anyone out there think this giant could awaken???

Earnings have the most leverage to a increase in Aluminium price compared to other commodities. The price of aluminium has been suppressed by the chinese overbuilding marginally economic smelter's. Energy comsumption is 1/3 the cost of producing aluminium. How can the chinese continue to consume a ridiculous portion of the country's energy needs to make small profits meanwhile severly polluting the country. Most of china's cities are smog ridden, so surely the government would would crack down on the number of smelter's being built eventually???

Imho the downside is low, the rewards are very high if the aluminium price rises. Alumium is the most late cycle commodity play imho and I seriously doubt many people realise awc's potential. Flavour of the month is still coal, iron ore and ag, but if people study the fundamentals they should be rewarded. For myself i hope i'm right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AWC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
0.020(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $4.918B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.67 $1.70 $1.66 $9.371M 5.561M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12030 $1.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 125908 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AWC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.