BSX 0.00% 5.4¢ blackstone minerals limited

For the long term this nickel project is very likely still a...

1. 5,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    For the long term this nickel project is very likely still a great and highly economical opportunity for this company. In the present, the short and potentially mid term future the world is facing economic challenges such as we haven't really seen before, with manufacturing and other industries worldwide grinding to a halt, pretty much.

Will BSX and Ecopro still be in a position to rush into bringing the mine into production, restarting processing operations and building a downstream processing industry in Vietnam? Or will this set us back a quarter or two?

If we need to raise capital from a market that is moving away from risk and into safe havens, can we do it and at what price? There was a hint that we might need more capital soon as the extra drilling we are now conducting is naturally chewing up extra capital, probably not that much though because we own most of the drill rigs, and it's great because we are following newly discovered high grade deposits.

The last company which owned this mine seem to have made their investment back along with a small profit, in three years of operations, I think. Then when the nickel price fell, as it is falling now, they put the plant in care and maintenance for a few years, which is expensive so they eventually sold it to BSX, presumably to cut that expense from their balance sheet.

Yes, nickel sulphides are the best material for making nickel sulphate for battery cathodes and this will be in high demand in the future and Ecopro has expressed interest in purchasing it from us. Has the economic situation, globally, affected future consumer demand projections though? Short, mid or long term? Or not at all given we are a couple of years away from production anyway?

Read something the other day that said 60% of worldwide nickel deposits are laterites and 40% are sulphides. That doesn't mean they're all exploitable as viable deposits for mining. The one BSX is exploring in Vietnam appears to be however.

Im still betting on this company being successful in the long term, but I'm expecting the nickel price to fall further along with our shareprice in the short term. Doesn't bother me, I wasn't planning on selling anytime soon and this might present opportunities to top up my shareholdings at a discount. Will that discount lead to extra dilution because we need to raise capital in the short term though? Dunno, how much extra do we need for this scoping study now that we're following this high grade deposit that's apparently as good as 4 grams a ton of gold? And how much do we need to spend to keep the plant on care and maintenance if Ecopro delay investing with us for a quarter or two?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $28.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.37am 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.