G, if the Government is considered to be like a Board with...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    G, if the Government is considered to be like a Board with factions, and different views, then this is how it works.

1. A proposal is put up by someone from any 'party'.

2. It is discussed at length, and that discussion is managed by the Chairman. Those for the motion will lobby and seek support from as many as they can. Fair enough.

3. Finally, a vote is taken. The proposal is either voted down or passed. AT THAT POINT, it becomes a BOARD DECISION.

Once the vote is taken and passed or lost, it is over. It is no longer possible for any individual member to have any effect.

So of course various parties lobby and seek votes from all over the place before the vote. If they get the numbers well and good. If not, too bad.

So applying that principle to the Malayasian deal, pre-vote it is quite acceptable for the labor party to enlist the votes of anyone it can to get the numbers. So if the vote has not been taken I don't see what the fuss is about. Lobbying can go and on until the vote. Its a juvenile tantrum to whinge about being unable to influence others to come around to your view. Try harder, they are entitled to their own.

Once the vote is cast, then that's it.

So you can blame Abbott all you like, its just silly in the scheme of things and won't change a thing. If the Malayasian deal was passed you can bet that a lot of people would be blaming Abbott for okaying kids going to a third world gaol. Fortunately none of this has the slightest relevance to reality.

By the way, insulting me is a waste of time. If you have a good argument, I'm happy to enagage, if not then ignore it is.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.